So today in psych, we were covering Freud (when do we not?) and the lecturer asked if there was any of his theories which we believed. Most of us said ‘defense mechanisms’ and the levels of consciousness. But this girl, who is about my age and is a young mum, said she believed the in phallic stage and the Oedipus complex.
“My kid’s, like, 5, and he’s obsessed with me and he keeps trying to snog me and always wants to be around me. He always wants kisses and touching and stuff like that.” And waits for the lecturer to say something.
The level of ‘awkward’ right then was unmeasurable. The one thing we do not talk about when studying Freud….That’s not something you’d really want to announce to your entire college class, deary. Even the lecturer looked like he wanted to crawl under his desk from secondhand embarrassment.
The induction for my new college course is on the 26th. My last course, the photography one, made me so fucking lazy and just looking at all the books I had to get is making me freak out. I never once had to do researches or buy books while doing photography so I’ll need to seriously get back into the actually studying mode for Social Science. *meeeep*
Sorry to all my followers for me not being on tumblr for the past week.
If you must know, I had an interview on Friday to get into a Social Science course at the top college in Scotland for the subject. About 200 people applied to fill the 100 places; most were straight from secondary school with Highers in Psychology or Sociology, while I was the only one who had done a totally different college course (Photography). But I told the head lecturer who was interviewing us, that I had a hard time understanding how people work or do the things they do, due to my autism; so I want to learn and teach other autistic people like myself these skills, and maybe even use my photography as a form of therapy.
I was the only one in that whole interview who was given an Unconditional offer for a place on the spot!!
I can study SS, then get into 2nd year Psychology, or 3rd year Sociology (some get to do Masters straight away), or other types of courses that fall under social science, at University afterwards.
I feel like people are like this, but they don’t know that pieces they feel are broken can be filled with treasures, too
My dad just casually reminded us of that one time, when my sister and I (8 and 6 years old at the time) were playing Who Wants To Be A Millionaire on the computer at Toys R Us, he told us that the money we won in the game would come out of the floppy disk drive and for years we fucking believed him.
Two friends of mine (who are dating) are always confusing the rest of us on facebook because their profile pictures are alike. So now that we’ve got them arguing over who had the picture first, me and Paul felt a bit left out. Now we all match, lovely~
Playing Lady Gaga so my rabbits, Leo and Gabe, can’t hear the fireworks
- Your name and/or username
- Where you’re from
- The following words: Aunt, Roof, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting Image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught, Orange, Coffee, Direction, Naturally, Aluminium, Herbs.
- What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house? [on the night before Halloween?]
- What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
- What do you call gym shoes?
- What do you say to address a group of people?
- What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
- What do you call your grandparents?
- What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
- What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
- What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
- Choose a book and read a passage from it.
- Be a wizard or a vampire?
- Do you know anyone on Tumblr in real life?
- End audio post by saying any THREE words you want.
Wow, my voice was breaking up quicker and more often than Taylor Swift and her boyfriends
Reading “Casino Royale”
”...Barely three months later, on 13 April, there was passed in France Law No. 46685 entitled ‘Loi Tendant à la Fermeture des Maisons de Tolérance et au Renforcement de la Lutte contre le Proxénitisme’.
When M came to this sentence he grunted and pressed a switch on the intercom. ‘Head of S.?’
'What the hell does this word mean?' He spelt it out.
'This is not the Berlitz School of Languages, Head of S. If you want to show off your knowledge of foreign jawbreakers, be good enough to provide a crib. Better still, write in English.'
I don’t know why this part made me crack up, but it did and still does (probably because, even though I know M’s male in the book, I can’t help but picture Judi Dench saying it)