I decided to post up a page about autistic things in general; information, articles, other tumblr posts on the subject and some of my own experiances (pros, cons, stims etc).
I don’t know everything about it myself, even though I have it. I’m still learning. That said, not everyone’s autism is exactly the same.
If you want to add something to the list, leave a message.
- What Is Autism
- High Functioning Autism and Aspergers: What’s The Difference?
- "Is There A Cure?" No, And Some of Us Don’t Want to Be Cured Either
- Causes of Autism
- Autism is NOT caused by Vaccines
- Symptoms & Characteristics of Aspergers
- Symptoms & Characteristics of Aspergers II
- How to get a diagnosis (UK): Child / Adult
- Thoughts on Autistic Themed Project for College
- Sound Sensory Issues: It’s Not Funny
- Project for College 2: Stereotypes We Really Hate
- 'TIME TO STOP THE STEREOTYPES' My Project - Completed
Articles & Tumblr Posts:
- Tantrum vs. Autism Meltdown
- Don’t Mourn For Us
- "We are gentle, angry people and we are singing, singing for our lives"
- Gender and Autism
- Why I am against Autism Speaks
- The Slumber Of Feelings (A Study Of Autism And BBC’S “SHERLOCK”)
- The Spoons Theory
- An Autistic Speaks About Autism Speaks
- How HFA Is The Worst Thing You Can Say
- No Autism Epidemic, Norwegian Study Suggests
- The Obsessive Joy of Autism
- Quiet Hands
- The Unbroken Spectrum: Stockholm Syndrome
- Asperger’s Are Us Comedy Troupe
Videos, Images, Misc.
- Autism In Pictures
- Je M’appelle Nathan (A short animated film on stimming)
- ASAN Poster on Autism Speaks
- A Short Video on Steven Wiltshire (and his amazing art and memory)
- 'Levi' - A poem by Joshua Bennet, to his brother
- Autistic Trying to Speak While Non-Verbal
- Sensory Overload Simulators (5 films showing what it feels like to have autistic type sensory sensitivities - WARNING!! VIDEOS CONTAIN LOUD NOISES AND SOMETIMES BRIGHT, FLASHING IMAGES)
- Carly Fleischmann - her story, blog, twitter
Tumblrs and Blogs
- The Loud Hands Project
- Theories of My Mind
- Fuck Yeah Stimming
- Autism Stories
- Inside Autism
- Autism and Empathy
- Autism Womens Network
- The Autism Acceptance Project
Charities and Organisations